Social workers are available through Jefferson Healthcare to counsel, support, and advocate for
patients and their families when they are dealing with medical problems and related stressors. The goals of our services are to reduce anxieties, assist in adjustments with life changes, address financial concerns, identify community resources, and intervene in abuse or neglect situations.
Our services include
- short-term counseling;
- psychosocial assessments;
- medical planning (including financial and other helping resources);
- crisis intervention (in cases of abuse, neglect, rape, or domestic violence);
- advocacy (for the physically or mentally challenged); and
- referral to outside agencies.
Discharge Planning/Case Management
Our case managers consult with the patient and/or family, the attending physician, nursing, and other hospital therapies to coordinate and plan for post-hospital care. The case managers are available to help with questions or arrangements for home care, home medical equipment, or long-term care needs.
7 am to 5:30 pm, seven days a week.
For information call 360-385-2200, ext. 3515.